The International Association for Educational and Vocational Guidance (IAEVG), l’Ordre des conseillers et conseillères d’orientation du Québec (OCCOQ) and the Regroupement québécois des organismes pour le développement de l’employabilité (RQuODE) thank all researchers and practitionners who have submitted a proposal.
The Call for proposals was a success! We have received more than 250 proposals from 33 countries from five continents
We are planning to offer 160 sessions (77 in English, 77 in French, 6 in Spanish) :
- One hundred workshops and structured open discussion
- Fifteen symposium
- Thirty sessions of scientific communication (90 papers)
- Thirty posters
Five sessions per block of concurrent sessions will have simul-taneous interpretation
*** The online registration form, the list and summaries of propo-sals will be posted on the website before the end of January 2014 ***
Theme of the conference: « At the intersection of personal, community and work life realities »
This theme invites us to explore guidance and career development at the intersection of individual, collective and working life; to consider the reliance of these complex and dynamic dimensions in continuous interaction; to examine the emerging needs , the insights that are possible, the aspirations that may arise and projects that can find their source at this crossroad. And together in this place of intersection, observe, understand and act.
Domains of communication:
- The policies related to guidance: the description should bring the attention to the bi-directional aspects of this relationship, including issues such as the functioning of the labour market, retention, social inclusion, mental health.
- The practices of guidance, career development, counseling, coaching, career development in various organisations: education, employability, organization, mental health.
- Evaluation of guidance and career development interventions: at the institutions and practitioners levels.
- The initial and continuous training of counselors; the development of an ethical position in guidance.
- The role of information and communication technologies (ICT) and social medias in the many aspects of career development and guidance interventions.
- Social justice.
- Psychosociology of work.
- Lifelong guidance: include emerging clients (aging population), paradigm shifts such as the notion of preparation to the labour market, the unpredictability, the hazard, serendipity, how people seize opportunities, the development of a capacity to take career decisions.
- Emerging theories related to guidance, counseling and advice.
Each of these domains of communication can include elements of research and practices, and call on notions of mediation, dynamic interaction and movement.
Formats/styles of the session
Five possibilities of communication:
Workshop: Presentation of 90 minutes or 180 minutes on innovative practices or experimentation.
Paper session: Presentation of 30 minutes clustered by the scientific committee in a 90 minutes session (3 per session) under the same domain of communication or theme. Typically these are scientific communication, discussion on practice and theory, or reflection on an experimentation.
Symposium: Session of 90 minutes or 180 minutes, examining one topic in depth, from different perspectives (preferably involving speakers from diverse countries). These sessions are introduced and guided by a chairperson, involve minimum of three presentations, followed by a synthesis and reflection from a discussant.
Structured open discussion/forum : Session where one or two speakers would launch a discussion on a given theme and would facilitate the discussion. This format would leave more space to discussion among participants than to formal presentation. Duration of 60 minutes.
Poster: Posters can be presented in English, French, Spanish or German. If the poster is in French, Spanish or German, part of the presentation must be summarized in English.
Oral presentations may be in French, English, Spanish or German, but simultaneous translation will not be provided, with the exception of few presentations at each session blocs where simultaneous translation will be provided from French to English, or English to French.
Proposals can be submitted only in French or English. For the proposals where the language of presentation will be Spanish or German, authors must submit an abstract in French or English. Proposals will be assessed by the support committee of the scientific committee and the whole program will be examined by the scientific committee.
Warning : Proposals will be definitively accepted once the scientific committee has approved the program and after reception of the payment of conference registration.
Deadline to submit a proposal: November 30, 2013